Broadcast Engineer June 2007 - Present
Broadcast Operations Center at The National Press Club
· maintaining specialist equipment for video production, broadcast and satellite transmission, and web media.
· setting up and monitoring audiovisual links between various locations.
· setting up and operating editing facilities in post-production suites.
· analyzing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems.
· minimising loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision.
· keeping informed of constant changes in technology by investigating and researching new systems, techniques and equipment.
· repairing hardware, software and other broadcast technology systems
As a broadcast engineer at the National Press Club I am responsible for the general upkeep of all broadcast equipment at our facility. I also perform duties during productions such as operating camera (both studio and field gear), operating an audio board, being a TD/Director, Tape Operating and other production duties as needed. I am also responsible for video conferences using a Tandberg Video Conference system.
Quality Control Technician May 2006 - May 2007
Randstad Work Solutions @ Discovery INC.
· Performed quality checks on incoming programming to ensure they meet Discovery's technical specifications.
· Ingested video into file servers.
As a Quality Control Technician at Discovery Channel, it was my responsibility to check incoming programs to make sure they met Discovery Channels technical guidelines, I would evaluate the programs using monitoring equipment such as waveform monitors, vectorscopes and Dolby LM100 loundness meters. It was also my responsibility to encode programming for the omneon file system and to create both a high and low resolution video files and uploaded them Discovery's Digital Media Center.
Production Assistant February 2005 - May 2006
WPTZ News Channel 5, A Hearst Argyle Station
· Assisted in the production of television newscast productions.
·Operated various television studio equipment.
As a production Assistant of WPTZ in Plattsburgh I checked scripts, operated teleprompter and studio cameras, and floor managed. I also performed other tasks such as dubbing tapes and I performed some basic linear editing.
Studio Managers Assistant May 2004 – May 2006
Plattsburgh State, Mass Comm. Department
· Assisted studio manager in equipment repairs.
· Transfered old video formats to dvds.
· Assisted in studio upgrade to digital production equipment.
· instructed students on equipment operations.
As the Studio Managers Assistant I helped in the installation of new studio cameras, and editing suites (both linear and non-linear). I helped with the installation of a new graphics systems and installed cables for all new equipment. I helped in the facility upgrade from high8 gathering and 3/4inch U-matic airing formats to all MiniDV and DVtape formats. We completed the majority of upgrade installations during the summer when classes were are in session so I set up and taught workshops for returning student Lab Assistants.